We’re nearing the hottest part of summer now, and as many of you know, this is usually the time to say “screw it” and throw on flip-flops, loose shorts, a t-shirt, and your hair in a bun. I’m all for comfort, but I promise you, there’s no need to throw your style out the window!
As a result, I’ve compiled a list of my top five tips for you to keep your style JUST as amazing as it was before you felt as if you were melting.
1) Avoid padded bras: I know just as much as the next girl does what the importance of a good lift is. That being said, unless you’re an avid fan of boob sweat, I’d avoid them. Look for fashionable bralettes to wear under cute cut-out tops as way to make your shirt pop! Comfortable, stylish, and a lot less sticky.
Yes, the bombshell bra looks amazing, but it’s also an airbrushed photo and the bra itself is supposed to add 3 cup sizes, whereas the bralette will help you avoid that dreaded boob sweat, and still be significantly more comfortable.
2) Stick to loose clothing: This one might seem like a bit of a no-brainer, but while tight crop-tops and skinny jeans are still popular, it’s a necessary item to mention. Luckily for us, clothes that are light and flowy are definitely more comfortable, as well as flattering and in style!
Pair the chiffon top with almost any bottoms and enjoy the breeze.
3) Avoid thick cotton materials: Again, this one might seem like a no-brainer, but “thick” doesn’t necessarily mean that chunky sweater you bought last winter! It can be something as innocent as a close-knit top. Focus on open-knit tops, and not only will it add some texture to your outfit, it will let out some heat!
4) Steer clear from statement necklaces: I love a chunky statement necklace to pull together an outfit just as much as anyone, but they’re heavy and stick to your neck once it starts to heat up! Focus on statement earrings instead. Not only will it keep the weight and heat off of your neck, but it gives you an excuse to wear your hair up. (Perks).
While these earrings are available for those who actually have their ears pierced in “regular form”, they offer a clip version too, (as shown above), for those of you that prefer not to be pierced.
5) Make everyday a hat day: Hats are great. You have an excuse to not do your hair, it’ll keep the sun out of your eyes, and keep you cool!
No matter what you wear, just remember that first and foremost, your priority is making sure that you feel good. If looking good helps you feel good, as it does me, then I’m happy to help. Stay in touch, lovelies. And remember- I’m always a click away. Happy styling!